Sunday, May 4, 2008

Strawberry Season



We took the kids to pick strawberries at a nearby farm. They LOVED it. We picked about 25 pounds of strawberries - so now I get to make jam.



Here is a family picture at the entrance of the farm!

Tractors pulled wagons with hay bales to carry us out to the strawberries. Calvin loved the tractors and we all enoyed the hay ride.


Anna Elise did a good job helping us pick the strawberries. She liked looking for the biggest and the reddest berries!

Madeline did very well. She didn't pick any strawberries. She just followed mommy around. She would take a strawberry out of my box, hand it to me so I could take the stem off and then eat the strawberry from the top. She must've eaten almost a dozen strawberries!


Here's Calvin kickin' back on the hayride back to the car, eating our strawberries.



2 comments:

Heidi said...

Yum, those strawberries look good. I can't believe they are already ready to pick! Looks like a fun family outing.

Lindsay said...

Since when do we go to work in dresses? I think maybe some of you had an easy time of this 'work together as a family' business. I question the difficulty of the task and think that maybe 50 lbs of strawberries will need to be next years goal...and then send some jam to me.