Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Apples!

On Friday we made our yearly trip to Carter's Mt. - a pick your own apple orchard. It's a lot of fun for the kids. I have a hard time with it. The apples trees are SO OLD it's awful. The trees don't look like they have been pruned in years and the fruit hasn't been thinned much if at all. We got there for the tail end of the gala harvest and the largest apples I could find weren't much
bigger than golf balls. They do taste good though and the kids had fun picking, and they have a
pumpkin patch. The other highlight for Mike is that we get to go into Charlottesville and eat
at his favorite pizza place - I had a tomato/avacado slice of pizza, and as weird as that sounds - it was SO good! Worth going back for more!
Here's our pictures from that morning:












Look at what Mike got at Carter's Mt!

3 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

Ugh. The bird poop is gross. (but hilarious...) Great pictures. You are just spoiled by your dad's FABULOUS apples. I've had them myself, and I agree, nothing quite compares.

Chantal said...

You guys crack me up! Wearing odd shoes, poop on head - its doesn't get better! :)

Megan said...

Calvins face couldn't be any better for that picture. Love it.