Sunday, December 22, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

As the oldest person in the house with my birthday on the shortest day of the year - sometimes I'd be ok just skipping it altogether - but I know I'd never get away with it.  I told Mike I didn't want anything for my birthday, just to go out and celebrate with him.   He took it one step further and made it a big celebration the whole day!  I got up early and got my birthday breakfast - donuts!  While I was gone the kids got out the birthday plates, napkins, party hat and card that Mike was hiding away.  I came home very surprised!  After lunch we continued the party with a piñata full of chocolate!  We didn't have time to eat my 'cake' but we finished big with a babysitter, dinner, a movie, and milkshakes.  We watched Saving Mr. Banks and I really enjoyed it.  It left me wanting to watch Mary Poppins again.  If you are going to watch it, watch Mary Poppins first!  I did feel a little bit of guilt because I know it was not Mike's first pick, but he was a good sport.  It was a sad movie, which was unexpected, but it was really good and I loved it.  If it's not an accurate portrayal of what really happened, don't tell me!
Anyway, the party continued on Sunday - we had cake after lunch!  The kids insisted on putting the right number of candles on the cake - they barely fit!  I really appreciated the effort that Mike put into making it a fun birthday.  I also had fun watching the kids have fun with the celebration!

 piñata fun



 Ready for my date!


Fun with birthday hats


 I blew out all the candles on my first try - unfortunately I also blew hot wax all over my table!


2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Happy Birthday. I hope your wishes come true. So I read this post and was going to say "Good job Mike!" but then it wouldn't work and I tried again but saw the post before about your house and moving and I changed my mind. He sure better make it special. I can't believe all you do.

Trina said...

Happy Birthday Sally! You look amazing! I am glad you had such a fun day!! You deserve it!!