Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lifes a Beach until you get sunburned!

(For some reason these pictures are posting so small, just click on them to get a closer look)

We made a trip to the beach on Friday. Mike's brother Sean and his new wife Rachel
came with us. We had a great time. We saw dolphins, within a hundred yards of the beach
and they were leaping out of the water, so much cooler at the beach then at SeaWorld!
I've got way too many pictures to post, but just had to put them all in!

The first thing we did was bury Mike. He loves to be buried in the sand. He digs the whole
and lays in it and we fill it in! The kids thought it was great. We buried him right at the edge
of the water so once a few waves hit he was out!



Here are the kids watching the waves, Calvin running from the waves and Anna Elise getting
knocked down.



Here is Maddie and Daddy - they switched hats. You need to click on the second picture
so you can see. I am holding Madeline and "jumping" waves (pregnant and holding an 18 mo
old - I didn't really jump much). Mike is further out holding onto both Calvin and Anna and
jumping waves with them.


Madeline is taking a nap in our little beach tent - doesn't she look like she's sleeping?



Here are the kids eating lunch. Madeline dipped everything we gave her in the sand
before taking a bite. The sand didn't bother her, but I couldn't stand to watch, so I
ended up feeding her.



Here is Madeline cheesing for the camera and the second one is her eating grapes (notice the
sand all over the grape and her hand)



We had a great time. The ride home was VERY long! The girls fell asleep and Aunt Rachel spent the whole trip back talking to Calvin. She kept him occupied by giving him candy every 20 miles or so. Towards the end of the trip he said "Rachel, I don't like you, but I love you" I just burst out laughing -he didn't know what he was saying. He then said " I like Uncle Sean and I love him". The kids do love their new aunt.

By the time we got home it was apparent that our 'spray on' sunscreen doesn't spray on very well with a breeze. Madeline was fine, I'm so glad she ore her hat! Calvin was fine too. Anna Elise however had a bright red face and shoulders. I had weird patches over my back, shoulders
and legs. Mike was just red all over! We were pretty miserable for the next two days. Now Anna is peeling and Mike and I are itching like crazy!

3 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

Cute pictures, Looks like fun, minus the sunburn of course...

Betsy said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Madeline has always been really cute but she is just so darn cute.

Jana said...

Your picts are great! What a fun day, minus the sunburn!