Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Week to Remember

Every aspect of our lives is falling apart. A friend at church told me that bad things happen right before good things come (or right before a big calling, I'm voting for good things).

As we have tried to make good decisions and do the right thing, it seems like things just get worse. I read a quote from a talk Elder Holland gave (thanks Tanners) "Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come." and decided that maybe our blessings would come in Heaven and that is not a bad place to get blessings!

I'm not going to describe in detail all the unexpected challenges going on with our NHance business. Nor am I ready to go into the details of what's going on with our family. But just know that we could use your prayers right now.

Also, Mike found out that his real estate broker closed the business, without telling Mike. He is trying to find a new business to work for. Luckily (thanks to the Williams) Mike has a listing right now so he should be able to find a new broker without any problem - he has been making lots of phone calls. Then there are our rentals, we finally got the second vacancy filled, but not until May and now it looks as though we'll have another vacancy (3 vacancies in less then 2 months). If the market wasn't so bad I'd just sell them all!

Then, on Saturday I was in an accident. I had the 3 older kids and we were coming back from Primary Activity Day when a car failed to yield the right of way. He stopped at the stop sign, didn't see me, so went and T-boned me as I drove by. We are all fine, nobody hurt, but the car doesn't look too good. We'll find out on Tuesday how much the damage will cost to fix. We are praying it can be fixed. The car is paid for and we really don't want the car to be totaled - we don't want a car payment right now.

We did manage to have some fun in the midst of our awful week. We had planned to go to Yorktown after the Primary Activity on Saturday. Despite the accident we went! We borrowed our friend's suburban (thanks Cordons!) and just went a little later then planned. We went to the beach. It was windy and a little bit cooler, but the kids had a great time. Anna Elise and Calvin swam in the cold water and they all had fun digging in the sand and collecting 'clam' shells. Afterward, we all went to 'Pop's Drive-In' for dinner. It's not a drive-in. Mike remembers eating there as a kid and he was so excited to go back and relive his childhood memories.

My mom told me she hoped I had a better week this week, I told her it would be hard not too. But I eat my words all the time. So, here's to not having a worse week!

building a sand castle

Calvin buckled his own life jacket (don't worry, I fixed it)

Lilah carrying around her shovelful of sand


the crazy kids swimming in the cold watersome very content kids

a photo for our 'Pops'
we will post a picture of the car tomorrow - so check back.

7 comments:

Betsy said...

I am so sorry Sally that you had a terrible week, we will pray for you guys. Here is to a better week.

Melissa said...

Sally, I am so glad that you and the kids are alright! I admire you so much for still taking the trip to the beach - you are unstoppable. Whatever comes your way - you will conquer and be better for it! What beautiful pictures of you and your children on the beach!

Unknown said...

Sorry, it sure does seem like things just keep coming your way! I will say that from what I can tell you overcome it all so well.
We will pray for you, and hope for things to get easier!
Great pictures!

Trina said...

Sorry to hear about your week. I hope that everything turns out for the best and that next week is lots better. I'm glad that you went to the beach despite everything that happened and that you had a good time. The pictures on the beach are cute. I love beach pictures.

Jessica said...

One hard thing about living far away from friends is not being able to help! So I will get going on those prayers, thats something I can do!

Heidi said...

I am sorry for your awful no good week! Life does get frustrating. We keep wondering "when will Kyle get a job?" and it's hard to stay hopeful. Hang in there! Prayers do help and you have a good support system which is always good. :)

Anonymous said...

So reading your blog from the present it sounds like life didn't get easier. Maybe NOW you can start seeing good things. Hang in there. If life gets too tough come visit me!