Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home!

Happy Father's Day!  The primary children sang several Father's Day songs in sacrament meeting today.  They sang I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home, My Daddy is My Favorite Pal, and Families Can Be Together Forever.  We were practicing in the car on the way to church.  We couldn't remember the words to the second song and I'd even drawn a blank on the tune.  I told the kids to think really hard and help mommy remember.  Madeline said ' Jesus is my pal and he is going to help me remember the words, so I'm just waiting with my eyes closed!'.  We did finally remember the words and practiced (much to Anna Elise's dismay, she didn't think Daddy should hear the songs before they were performed).  Lilah even went up with the kids and sang too.  They all did a great job!  They all know they have a great dad!

2 comments:

JEN said...

That is so sweet! I love when the primary kids sing.

Betsy said...

Love the picture, very sweet.