Monday, October 24, 2011

Time Out for ME!

This past weekend Time Out for Women was here in Richmond!  I was so excited to go.  I carpooled with a group of women from our ward and we had a great time!  We went on Friday night and listened to Jenny Oaks Baker play her violin and got to listen to her 3 very talented (and adorable) daughters as well since she lives in VA!  We had two great speakers too.  On Saturday we listened to Jericho Road as well as several phenomenal speakers.  I laughed and cried and felt so uplifted and motivated to be a better person.  I love going and I am already looking forward to going again when they come back to Richmond in 2 years!
It was so good to spend some time with some of the women in my ward.  I feel closer to them and am feeling more at home in this ward. 

When I got home on Saturday afternoon I was greeted by a clean living room (having even one room in my house clean is a huge accomplishment), five happy children and beautiful flowers! 

Thank you TOFW for coming to Richmond!  Thank you Sherry, Dee, Joann, Beverly, Beverly, Tericia, and Samara for letting me hang out with you!  Thank you Mike for holding down the fort and for the beautiful flowers! 

I told Mike I needed pictures so I could blog about it.  I am soooo not a photogenic person.  I am just not.  I never have been.  I've accepted it.  So Mike took a bazillion pictures and two were acceptable!

My flowers! 


 Best picture we could get of me - cute bag this year!


Right after I got home.

The mess Mike made while getting some work done! (but was cleaned up when I got home)


 
The ladies I went with

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks like soooo much fun! by the way, you look gorgeous and I love your necklace

J, K, L, and D said...

you are TOTALLY photogenic!

Trina said...

What a fun weekend. I love Time Out For Women! I so gald you were able to go and spend some time with the women in your ward. Your flowers are beautiful and I love your necklace.

Betsy said...

So fun, someday I would love to go to TOFW. Love the bag.