Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Couch

We got our new couch today!  We ordered it 3 weeks ago and it finally came in.  My excitement dimmed a bit when Mike had to make two trips to get it here and then we couldn't get the old couch down the stairs.  We ended up taking the stair railing off, the stairs door, the front door and we still
tore a huge hole in the wall while forcing the couch down the stairs.  I don't know why I didn't realize it would be so difficult considering how hard it was to get it up the stairs (see that post here).  Getting the two pieces of our new couch up wasn't quite as bad.  Despite our awful morning getting everything moved, I love our new couch!  We didn't put the feet on it, so it's low enough that the kids can get on and off without any problems and no more toys/junk/garbage can be shoved under the couch!  We love the extra seating - the whole family fits with room to spare!


5 comments:

Trina said...

Very Nice! I love how Celeste is the only one on the couch.

Michael and Stephanie said...

Love the couch but not putting the legs on it is pure genius. The idea of nothing being lost or shoved under the couch brilliant. Now only if you could tell me a way to prevent things from being stuffed into the couch.

Sally said...

Stephanie - we had to cut the fabric on the bottom of the old couch and dump out piles of 'stuff' from inside the old couch. It's awful. I haven't figured that one out yet!

Jessica said...

Looks great! Ben and I nearly lost our sanity one Saturday getting our new couch set up in our basement. Its nice once it's in place!

Heninger family said...

Looks great! And I'm hitting my forehead, wondering why I didn't think of the 'no feet' thing--brilliant!