Thursday, December 6, 2012

Not Again!*

*I found this as a 'draft' in my blog list (I'm working on a blog book so I'm going through old posts).  This is from April of 2009!  I distinctly remember this day.  I'm not sure why I didn't post it then, but I thought I would post it now.  Just as an FYI - Anna Elise would've been 5, but not in school yet, Calvin getting ready to turn 4 in a couple of weeks, Madeline was 2 and Lilah wasn't quite 6 months old.  I'm thankful that I haven't had a day like that in a while and that as my kids get older these kinds of days are just a memory!

What a day. I'm almost embarrassed to post - it's that bad. This afternoon both Anna Elise and I had a stomach ache. I figured mine was sleep deprevation and stress related and hers was most likely from self constipation (an issue we deal with that I won't go into detail about!). I was wrong! Anyway, I'd spent most of the afternoon trying to work and not being able to get anything done due to some software problems! So frustrating. I was upstairs working on it while dinner baked in the oven, Lilah took a short nap, and the kids played downstairs. Anna Elise came upstairs asking if she could rest on my bed since the kids were loud and her stomach still hurt. I said sure. Then it all hit at one time. The timer on the oven went off, Lilah woke up crying, and Anna Elise threw up all over my bed, carpet and then in the bathroom in the toilet, on the toilet and all over the floor. I decided to take care of the throw up first since it was my bed and my carpet and I didn't want anything to soak in or stink. I let the dinner in the oven cook longer and Lilah was only fussing, not screaming yet. I tore the bed apart, scrubbed the carpet, wiped up the bathroom, put Anna Elise in my shower, yelled down to Calvin to go get the 'puffs' for Lilah and just feed them to her in her crib while I worked (her fussing had turned to screaming and she was hungry). I listened to the oven timer go off every 30 seconds while I worked. I gathered up a huge pile of sheets and pillows and Anna Elise's clothes and headed down the stairs. Yes, you guessed it, I fell down the stairs again! How embarrassing! The lump on my arm from the last fall isn't healed yet! I think I tripped myself with my large bundle of laundry. I fell from the last or second to last stair and managed to drop the laundry in time to catch myself on all fours, or I would have hit face first! Yes, the laundry bundled rolled and everything fell out and I had yet another throw up mess to clean up at the bottom of the stairs. Sigh. I rescued the dinner and got Lilah out of her crib (I think Calvin ate more puffs then she did!). Luckily Mike came home. During dinner Anna Elise threw up again and I realized that my stomach ache was most likely the same as her stomach ache. Mike put the kids to bed and did dishes and laundry while I hung out in the bathroom. It's not fun when you can't kneel down because your knees are swollen and scraped up from falling off the stairs! 

2 comments:

Sara R said...

yeah, that's an awful day! poor Sally!

Betsy said...

I'm sure now you can finally laugh about this, love those kinds of days.