Monday, April 15, 2013

Workin'


We had a super busy week which means we don't have any pictures!  Mike went up to the school on Monday to be a Watch Dog Dad and help out.  The kids love having their dad in their classrooms and seeing him around school.

We had some really warm weather - it was in the 80's and almost 90 one day.  That is not spring!  I'm holding out for some REAL spring weather sometime in April - I want some 70 degree temperatures!  It has finally stopped dropping below freezing at night so we decided to actually plant something in our garden.  We got all of our plants in and even started on the seeds - but we aren't done yet.  So far so good!

Mom and Dad have been spending lots of time on spring projects, fixing up the house, food storage, getting one of our rentals ready for tenants, working and doing all kinds of things to be ready for our 2 weeks of company this month.  The kids are so ready to be done working and to have some fun!  Hopefully we can get enough done to do some playing soon!  We can't wait!

Our family highlight this week is Lilah.  I think I say the same thing about Lilah everytime - she is such a good helper!  She has been helping me put in our garden - she takes the good garden soil out of the bag and puts it into my bucket so I have access to it, she keeps my watering can full, she fetches things for me and she plays with Celeste when she isn't helping me.  Who could ask for more?  She had a lot of fun with the kids home for spring break, she was sad this week when they went back to school - but she and Celeste seem to be playing better the older Celeste gets.  She is a tough girl.  The kids were talking about a 4th grader at school who punched a kindergardener - this didn't scare my little 4 year old, she replied with "if somebody hits me I'll just punch them back!"  I'm sure she would!  We may need to work on 'being nice' before she goes to school =).

2 comments:

Jana said...

I wish it was that warm here!! Please post pictures of your garden!

Trina said...

It does sound like you have been busy. I hope you have a plentiful garden. Hopefully spring weather is on the way.