Sunday, June 16, 2013

CELEBRATE!

We've had a busy week full of celebrations and fun!  On Wednesday the kids had an awards ceremony.  I took Lilah and Celeste to back to back assemblies, one for Madeline & Calvin and then another for Anna Elise.  The girls were OK, Celeste seemed to think she needed to sit with the big kids and was a constant source of entertainment for everyone at the assembly (except me).  The kids got citizenship, academic, and art awards and did very well. I didn't have the right lens for my camera so the pictures are not good.  With their certificates they get various coupons for the local fast food restaurants - so after school we met Mike at Chick-Fil-A and had some free ice cream cones to celebrate.   On Friday the kids had their last day of school.  They came home at 11:30.  We had an end-of-school carnival to celebrate!  They got tickets to use for their hot dog lunch and then had to earn more tickets playing games - the coin toss, bean bag throw, and duck shooting.  They used their tickets to buy prizes and candy.  Although my efforts were certainly not pinterest worthy, but the kids had a fabulous time.  On Saturday we got a surprise package from our cousins (thank you Jana, the kids were ecstatic and LOVE everything you sent) and then that evening we were invited to a BBQ/Birthday party and we had a blast celebrating, eating way too much yummy food, and playing.  We continued our celebrations today for Father's Day with cards, singing, playing, a really yummy apple pie and lots of other goodies.  We are completely partied out.

With all the fun and celebrating comes some 'party fouls' (as Mike would say). Calvin got pink eye.  He had a trip to the Dr and missed the last two days of school.  I was standing on a stool trying to decorate for our carnival and I fell - the stool tipped over, I fell back and landed on the stool.  I have two amazingly painful bruises on the backs of my upper legs where I hit the stool.  I avoided hitting my head on anything but I swear I have a mild case of whip lash.  I am getting so old!  On Saturday Anna Elise came down with pink eye as well, she and Calvin missed the BBQ - but had a fun little party at home.  On Saturday night Madeline threw up - she had seriously over indulged in chips and dessert and had a stomach ache.  She managed to hit her bed and then leaned over her top bunk bed and hit Anna Elise's bed on the way to the floor and splattered most of her room.  It was lovely!  Since we had kids that couldn't go to church Mike had stay home and miss church on Father's Day.  So sad. However - we have still had a fabulous weekend!

In other news I finished my redecorating!  I still have a few more things I need to figure out - but for the most part the room is done.   I realized that I hadn't ever taken any pictures of the room since we did the switching, so lots of pictures to follow.



 Calvin waiting to be called and Madeline up front receiving her award - look close

 Anna Elise up front getting an award with her little shadow and afterwards with all of her loot


Celeste cleaning up the coloring on the wall - right after this picture she handed me the magic eraser and said Momma's turn - so glad she is learning how to share!


Last day of school for the girls - Calvin's second day at home with pink eye


End of school carnival - Lilah's lunch and her tickets
 Celeste drinking her lemonaid

The coin toss - Celeste had it figured out!

 The duck shoot - it was pretty difficult even without the ducks moving!
 Madeline tried every which way to aim the gun and just could not hit anything!

 Shopping for their loot with all of their tickets!


The only before picture I could really find - this is at Christmas before we switched rooms, there is a bookcase on the right and then one on the left.


 The new room, the L shaped couch on the right, it's almost twice the size as the old room. 

The window seat - I bought the curtains (there is another window in the room) cut them off and used the extra fabric for pillows and the wall hanging.  The window seat cover is from a sheet set I purchased and the solid colored pillows are from fabric I already had.


Cute vinyl that I bought from my sister-in-law.  I love it!

Looking back towards the doors on the other side of the room.
Close up of my pillows.



8 comments:

Stephanie said...

You really should do more crafts and decorating Sally it turned out really cute. I'm quite impressed and love the colors you picked. Also, love the throwup story. I know I shouldn't laugh but hey I wasn't the one cleaning it up so it was pretty darn funny.

Janet said...

Your room looks great! The carnival sounds like fun and of course your kids are adorable.

Emily Marie said...

Good job on the carnival!! Also I LOVE the colors and the fabrics in your TV/play room!!! I can't wait to see it in person! :) So talented!!

Trina said...

The carnival is a great idea. I loved all the pictures. Especially the one where Celeste is with Ann Elise when she is getting her award. Your room looks great. I love the colors and all the decorations.

Sara R said...

so cute! you are a good mom!

Betsy said...

What a fun carnival idea, I think I might have to copy. I love the new playroom.

Jana said...

You are amazing! A carnival?! My kids were so jealous! The room looks beautiful, I am happy the vinyl worked. And I am happy you liked the package, sorry there wasn't a note for Anna-Elise it somehow got left behind.

Heninger family said...

The 'new' room looks great! And I feel your pain on the sick story -- I guess we appreciate the times they 'make it' more this way:P