Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Day

For Memorial Day we were invited over to a friend's house for BBQ.  It was such a nice afternoon.  Our kids played well together, it was delicious food, and very sticky s'mores - perfect!  We had to get home to go to bed on time, because we had a big day at Busch Gardens planned!  You'd think we'd eventually get tired of it - but not yet!  The kids stayed home from school and we practically had the park to ourselves.  We didn't wait in line for anything.  I took Celeste on a ride that was just a bit too much for her, but she handled it very well.   We had fun on the rides, dinner, and then home.  The rest of the week flew by.  We were planning on attending our Stake Conference meetings this weekend but unfortunately Celeste got sick and so we had to split things up.  Mike did make it to his leadership meeting and I took the three oldest to the general session - I thought we went a half hour early so we could park and find seats and go to the bathroom and get settled - we actually went a half hour late.  Oh well.


Playing dress up and eating s'mores with friends on Memorial Day





Before
 During
 After - I asked her if she had fun and she said yes, I asked if she wanted to go again and this is her saying "noooooo"



This is the girls favorite ride.  Madeline did eventually cheer up - she was not happy because she wanted to go on the 'big kid' version of this ride with Anna & Calvin but she was not tall enough.

The family highlight this week is me.  It's been about a year since I got my diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis.  It's been a lot of ups and downs as we've tried to figure out the dosing of my medication.  I'm 'off' of one of my prescriptions - which is a good thing.  However, recently the psoriasis has popped up all over my hands, arms, and face and the arthritis has gotten worse and it has spread to my other hand.  So we will most likely be trying injections and hoping that we can get the other prescription figured out and manage the inflammation better.  I've been busy this week working on a redecorating project (I know, me, decorating and project all in the same sentence doesn't sound right) I am hoping to get the rest of my stuff this week and be able to finish all the 'do it yourself' part this weekend!  Hopefully I will have pictures to share!  So far so good and I'm excited!

3 comments:

Trina said...

What a fun weekend! Love all the pictures especially the one of Celeste on the ride. She is a brave girl. I am sorry that the psoriasis is getting worse. I hope you can get the prescriptions and injections figured out. That is no fun.

Sunshine said...

Sally, you're sure having fun with your kiddos. Love seeing it!

Betsy said...

Love the pictures of Celeste, so cute.
Sorry about your frustrations with the arthritis, hope it get better from here on out.