Sunday, April 27, 2008

Some Funnies

Anna Elise is getting to have quite the imagination. A while ago we were in the car and passed
a man walking with a limp and using a cane. She asked what was wrong and I told her I didn't know. So she said "maybe a tree branch fell on his leg and his leg broke off. Maybe he tried to glue it back on and he didn't do a good job so it's starting to fall off again, maybe that is what happened". All I could say was maybe! You never know!

It's been very warm here - up in the 80's on some days (sorry for all of you still having cold and snowy weather!). So we've been wearing sunscreen when we go outside. Anna Elise asked me why. I told her it helps us not get sun burned and protects our skin. She wanted to know how it worked and my simple explanations were not cutting it. Honestly, I don't know how sunscreen works! So I finally said I don't know. She said "Mommy you are not a good mommy! Mommies are suppose to know everything so you are not a good Mommy knower". She was quite offended when I burst out laughing. She wanted to know why that was so funny!

Calvin does things that are funny much later. At the time - they are not funny! Like a few days ago when I relented in the grocery store and bought Barbie and Cars fruit snacks (I'm easily worn down in the grocery store when I am pregnant!). So, the next day they had been allowed to have one pack each. Then later that day we'd run errands and Calvin had thrown a fit in Target and cried loudly half the time we were in there and then gotten mad that he had to ride in the cart at Home Depot, so he jumped out while I was pushing it and hurt himself. So I told Anna Elise she could pick out a treat when we got home. She picked fruit snacks and Calvin came unglued when he realized he wasn't getting any because he wasn't good. He was so upset. That night after the kids were in bed he pushed a chair into the kitchen and took about 10 packs of fruit snacks (both his and the Barbie ones) and got out a pair of scissors. I found him in his room, with his light one, sitting on his bed cutting open the bags of fruit snacks. He hadn't eaten very many - most of them were in a huge pile on his bed. I coulnd't believe it! I took all the fruit snacks back to the kitchen. He cried and cried. It suddenly got quiet so I went back to his room. He had found a couple that I missed and he was eating them. I took them right out his mouth and threw them away! I wasn't very happy. He isn't allowed to eat fruit snacks until these are gone and they talk me into getting more!

Grandma Red sent the kids a dollar each! Calvin bought suckers and shared them with Anna Elise. Anna Elise got some party mints. She saved a lot of hers because she was busy eating Calvins. When Calvin's suckers were gone he disappeared downstairs. We found him 20 minutes later with good breath and candy crumbs all over the floor. Anna Elise was so sad. I had told her earlier that if she could reach to hide them that he could reach to find them, but she didn't want Mom to hide them for her. I told her it was her fault that he ate them all because she didn't share.

Madeline doesn't say funny things yet - but she LOVES kitties. She gets down on her hands
and knees and crawls around the house saying meow. It is so cute! She is talking more and more, she says cracker, shoes, out, daddy, mama, bye-bye, and several others she is also learning animal noises. She quacks at the oddest times.

My funny was on Friday - I kicked my left heel with my right foot and cut it open. Later that
day I cut my finger, slammed a finger on the other hand in the car door (it still really hurts), and
also got a metal sliver in another finger - I ended up cutting a hole in my finger to get it out. I also stubbed my toe. I guess I haven't changed much - I've always been a clutz, but I usually don't do it all in one day!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Those are funny! I agree, Calvin's "funnies" are much funnier after a while. :) Kids keep us on our toes.

Lindsay said...

HEHEHEHE! So sorry about your cuts and bruises! Blogging is like therapy for me...so makes me laugh at all of the the very frustrating things in my life!