Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas!

I always worry that the anticipation of Christmas will be more then the excitement of the day and that it will be anti climatic. I was glad to be proved wrong this year. We had a great day and the January 'down' hasn't hit yet (I also haven't gone back to work yet, 2 weeks off might not be a good thing!)

We spent time on Christmas Eve cleaning our house and getting ready for the party. We had several friends over for the Allen tradition appetizer and desert dinner. We read the Christmas story and the kids acted out the nativity scene. It was fun and we all had a good time.
On Christmas morning the kids actually slept in. I couldn't wait any longer and I woke them up at 7:30. I had a great time watching everyone open their presents. The kids were all very pleased with all their gifts - except Lilah. She had a hard day. She wasn't really interested in opening her presents or in playing with her toys - she just kept getting into everyone else's opened toys. The kids were having a hard time with her and when she got yelled at she sobbed. She spend most of the day crying and wanting things she couldn't have. Not a fun day. I spent all morning putting a Barbie house together and adding 51 stickers! I spent all afternoon making rolls and side dishes for our delicious Christmas dinner at a friends house. It was good to have so many friends around since we couldn't be with family.


Thank you Grammy and Pops for the new PJ's


Thank you Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Michael for the Uno Moo game - it was a hit.


Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for Calvin's new shirt and his sharks and for Lilah's stroller

Thank you for all the other gifts I don't have pictures of - Mom, I am excited to finally use my rice cooker this week!

Mike was able to surprise me despite my accidental discovery of an email I wasn't suppose to see and I now have a beautiful Mark Mabry print being framed. I can't wait to hang it up. I'm so glad they finally offered the 10 Virgins for sale! If you haven't seen 'Reflections of Christ' you are missing out. I have the DVD of how it was created if you want to see it!

7 comments:

Trina said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. It is good that you got to spend it with friends. Cute pictures and I am jealous that you got that 10 virgins picture. We didn't have anyone over for Christmas Eve or for Christmas Dinner but it was nice just to be together. What did you decide to do for airline tickets?

BrittanyLane said...

That top picture is awesome. It looks like a scene from "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." Looks like you had a great Christmas, despite the stress and tears. I think Christmas is always a bit overwhelming for the little ones.

Janet Mae said...

Why is Lilah all by herself in the pajamas picture?

Sally said...

We usually take pictures in front of that door so when she saw the camera that is where she wanted to stand. We have a hilarious sequence of pictures with her by the door...

Susi Daw said...

Sounds like Christmas was a good one this year. I'm like Trina, jealous that you got the 10 Virgins picture. Hope you have a wonderful 2010!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Abe was the one having a miserable day in our family. I think it was just sheer exhaustion from so many Christmas parties and too much chocolate.

Lindsay said...

Merry Christmas! It looks like a great time was had by all! Your home looks lovely and your kids are getting so big! Again, my favorite part of your blog (calvinisms etc) was lol funny! Thanks!