Saturday, December 12, 2009

Our Christmas Outing

Yesterday evening we decided to check out a couple of the Christmas displays in Richmond. We started downtown where a couple of the large office buildings host some city lights. There are lots of trees decorated, a huge (30-40 foot) Christmas tree decorated, hanging balls, and tons of white wicker reindeer decked out in lights. Inside the buildings are cute displays, more trees, and an amazing miniature train. The kids loved it.

Then we headed to one of the outdoor malls. We watched ice skaters on a small skating rink (it's not ice but apparently feels like ice when you skate), more displays and at 7pm SNOW! The kids' obvious delight in the fake snow almost (but not quite) made me want real snow.

Anna Elise said we were the best mom and dad ever! Who knew it would be so easy to make the kids happy?








4 comments:

Heidi said...

What an awesome place to take your kids. Sounds fun. We want to go see lights and some toy soldiers and fake snow they have in bellevue. I like it when places do things like this for families and kids.

Janet Mae said...

Your kids are so cute! I want to come visit you guys so bad. Mom has always said she would send me once I graduate. Maybe she will come with me...and Nancy!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like they really had fun. And for Anna to tell you you're the best parents ever that's quite a feat.

Jessica said...

Its so nice to be told that you're the best parents. Eden told me the other day that I am the best mom she's ever had.