Tuesday, December 22, 2009

More Christmas Fun!

Yes, we have more Christmas activities to report on! We went to Washington DC so that I could have my turn at the temple and then show the kids the 32nd annual Festival of Lights at the visitors center. We all enjoyed the amazing lights, the large nativity outside, and the room full of different nativities from around the world inside. They also had some great Christmas trees and all the regular visitor center 'stuff'.

We've also continued on with our 12 days of Service. We've made goodies and delivered plates to friends and neighbors (during a snow storm), picked out a canned good each to drop off at the food bank, 'your choice', and picked out one toy to donate to a charity. Calvin continues to amuse us with his offerings. For his choice to do something nice he tucked Anna Elise into bed. She was terrified he was going to kiss her - Mike wouldn't let him - it was suppose to be nice! His first choice of a toy to give away was one of Madeline's toys, then he picked a piece of his train track, then a broken (I mean REALLY broken car). After telling him no over and over he finally picked out one of his good cars to donate. The girls tend to be more cooperative. I have to say it's been funny to watch this process.






7 comments:

Trina said...

What great Christmas activities! I intended to start the service countdown and never started. I will definitely be doing it next year.

Sunshine said...

Yea for you Sally. Your kids are getting the best part of Christmas right there. Funny about Calvin. He's quite a character. Just sigh a little and think of having 4 of them!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Love the service idea and Calvin as always is quite amusing. He's just too smart for his own good.

Anonymous said...

Be sure to mention your 12 days of service about 15 days before Christmas next year so I'll remember that I want to do it!
You were in DC? That's practically to my house and you didn't come visit me!
Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! You really have the best Christmas activities ever!

Anonymous said...

What a good idea! I think I will copy you when Aubrey gets a bit older.

Shorter family said...

Beautiful pictures! I can't wait for that to be "our" temple, too!:)