Thursday, January 21, 2010

Around the House

Several months ago we re-arranged our house - moving rooms and kids around. (Our office upstairs was shifted over to our bedroom, the playroom is now upstairs in the old office, and Lilah has her own bedroom in what used to be the playroom). I still don't feel like we've 'settled' in after that move. I'm still decorating and adjusting things. We also got some new things for Christmas. So with all this going on I'm hoping to finish everything to do with the house and get it crossed off my list!

Here's a few pictures of what I've been working on.

This is in our new playroom. I love these letters! I've also framed a large poster of their artwork.


Here is my downstairs bathroom, after living here for over 3 years I finally decorated it. Again, I love the vinyl!


This is my new Mark Mabry print of the Ten Virgins, we finally got it back from being framed. We set it on our mantel - I thought it would be more of a focal point there with the lighting we have and not just another picture on the wall. I love it!



We also FINALLY framed a picture we got from Mike's dad years ago. Its hard to see, but it's a picture Mike's dad took of wheat amidst some weeds - the wheat is literally glowing in the sunlight. He then hand wrote, in very tiny script, scriptures about wheat and tares. He made for Mike's brother while he was on his mission and gave a copy to us. It's amazing and it's nice to finally have it hanging up!


This is a poster of a picture taken at the Taxpayers March on 9/12 that our family attended. I framed it and gave it to Mike for Christmas. From the size of the crowd - I would guess this was taken after we'd left, but I could point out where we would've been standing if we'd still been there later in the afternoon.

OK - sorry for all the pictures of pictures. It's just so nice to get a new look and to have meaningful things surrounding us. In all the moving around we also bought Calvin some bunk beds. He is in heaven. We had to rearrange his room as well. Now that I have it the way I want it, we had better stay in this house for atleast a couple more years!

7 comments:

Eyvon said...

I know that I don't make comments but I am totally jealous of your Mark Mabry print!

Sunshine said...

That's some really incredible art work. All of it. I think my favorite is that wheat picture though. that's really brilliant.

Betsy said...

Mom was telling us about your picture you got for Christmas, I really love it. Everything looks great. Funny thing, I just put the same saying in the kids bathroom too.

Jana said...

I love all of the vinal and your picts. You are quite the deocrator. I am looking forward to having our own house again someday so I can actually do what I want!

Stephanie said...

Well now that you've said that you'll probably move in the next couple of months! Just kidding. Love the pictures and the vinyl.

Trina said...

I love all of your vinyl and pictures. It makes me want finally get into my own house so that I can put my pictures up. I don't like to have bare walls. Where did you get your vinyl? I need to try to cut out my own vinyl with my cricut.

Twinlinebackers said...

Did you cut your own vinyl?
The house looks nice. I'm looking forward to more "tour of the house" pictures.