Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow Days

We got at least a foot of snow on Saturday! For a place that doesn't get any snow - 2 feet this winter is a lot. Maybe Virginia should admit we do get snow and buy some more snowplows and maybe I should break down and buy boots and snow pants! We'll see if it snows again this winter. I personally don't like snow or snow days - but I can't do anything about it. Everything shuts down - we braved the roads and blizzard like conditions to find a place for the kids to play and everything was closed. Sam's Club was open so we ate bad pizza and let the kids roam the aisles for an hour. On Sunday everyone canceled church. The kids did go out and play in the snow, we just put plastic bags on their feet and called it good. They were happy playing for 10-15 minutes. Anna Elise's school has already been canceled and we haven't heard about Calvin's little preschool program yet. I am going to work tomorrow - I need out of the house!
Last week Mike was in Logan UT for NHance training for our franchise. I was a single mom for a week and now I need a break! 4-5 hours at work is as close as I am going to get to one.

Anna Elise throwing snow


Lilah tried to throw snow...
.


Lilah really liked eating the snow



Calvin and Anna Elise both made snow angels and then Calving went inside.

Madeline went in first, she refused to wear bags and those snow covered feet got cold fast!

3 comments:

Jana said...

i can totally understand your feelings of being cooped up!! Hang in there!

Jessica said...

I like the plastic bags on their feet. I actually love big snow days. I think everything looks beautiful covered in fresh snow. I don't really want to play in it but I like the way it looks and I think its kind of fun to drive on snowy roads, as long as other people don't slide into me.

Janet Mae said...

I love Calvins "dream"! haha