Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lively Lilah

Lilah is 15 months old! I haven't done an update for her in a while because I haven't taken her to the Dr. My kids haven't been sick yet this winter and I think staying away from the germs at the Dr is the best way to keep it that way!
She is growing - she is a tall girl, but thinning out some. She got her first 2 bottom teeth when she was around 6 months old. Finally, 8 months later, she has 2 more teeth. However, it's not the top 2 front teeth, its the side top teeth. I jokingly say we've had just a bit too much Twilight around here if my baby is growing her vampire teeth! So she looks just a little bit funny and we are hoping it's not another 8 months before the next 2 come in!
She started talking early and then stopped talking and has reverted back to baby talk. She says Mama and she says amamamam for everything else. We occasionally think we hear more words, but they aren't often repeated.
She likes to get dressed and have her diaper changed. My other kids decided at around 9 months or so that they didn't like to be diapered or dressed and it was always a fight. With Lilah I get her clothes and diaper out and hand them to her. She takes them, squeals, runs around, and then lays down in the right spot. She holds her legs up and helps in any way she can - I LOVE it. She also likes to go to bed and she loves her pacifier. We only give her the pacifier in her bed and at church. I haven't decided if I like the pacifier better then a thumb, but I really think talking her into the pacifier instead of her thumb was a good idea. I'd like to take it away, but the dentist says if I take it too early she could go back to her thumb...so we are keeping it for now.
She is a very busy little girl and sacrament meeting is a challenge for her. She is very opinionated and lets you know what she likes and doesn't like. She likes to play with her brother and sisters. She is usually a happy girl and likes to make everyone laugh at the dinner table. We love having her!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It is so fun to read tour blogs! With us living so far apart, it is a way for me to get to know your children and find out what keeps you busy.

Jessica said...

Cooperation during diaper changes is a rare quality indeed...YAY for Lilah!