Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More Snow Days?

Virginia is such a wimpy state! VCU was closed on Monday - I wanted to go to work and they wouldn't let me! Anna Elise hasn't been to school all week. She finally gets to go tomorrow, 2 hours late. Guess what's forecast for this weekend...MORE SNOW!

Early in the week it warmed up and the kids were able to go outside and play. They tried to make snowmen out of the very dry and fluffy snow - it didn't work. The were able to use the heavier stuff that had melted and been shoveled off the walkway to make mini-snowmen.

We got some rain and a little bit of snow last night and it helped make some good snow - so Mike helped the kids make some 'real' snowmen this afternoon.

I got to go into work today for a few hours. It was a good day!


Calvin's mini-snowman




Anna's mini-snowman


The mini-snowmen in context, they are in the lower right-hand side of the picture


The real snowmen that Dad made and their little snow kids


The real snowmen with the real kids - Madeline wouldn't wear pants and her dad was in charge, so he didn't make her - I would have!

4 comments:

Trina said...

I love all the snowmen, especially the mini snowmen. My kids are so jealous and are dying to play in the snow. Here we have beautiful weather and my kids are wishing for snow. I love that Madeline wore a skirt to play in the snow. At least she had sock and shoes on.

Jana said...

I love that Madeline likes skirts too. Lilly and I fight daily about how she cannot wear a skirt in the snow!

Susi Daw said...

Ha!...Such a Dad thing to do. I'm suprised she had a coat on! :) I agree with Trina, love the mini snowmen.

Stephanie said...

I think people who aren't use to snow are so funny how freaked out they get over snow. Portland got a couple of inches and they were closing highways and people were abandoning their cars because they were stuck...in a couple of inches!