Sunday, February 7, 2010

...and then there was MORE snow!

I've been complaining about the snow a lot lately, I know. There are lots of people with lots more snow than we have. But we aren't suppose to have snow! Calvin asked me the other day when we would be able to see our grass again. I told him I didn't know.

It snowed all day Friday, rained all night Friday night, and snowed all day Saturday. We got another 6-8 inches. Anna Elise's school was canceled Friday - she went to school for a half day
on Thursday - that was it for the week. Church was canceled again today. Anna's school is canceled tomorrow. I'm waiting to hear about my work tomorrow - I'd actually like it to be canceled, I'd rather stay home.

Today for 'church' we talked about the Liahona and the holy ghost. It was a lot shorter than usual =). Anna Elise and Calvin watched the Mark Mabry Reflections of Christ DVD, built a lego temple, and played a lot!

I've been singing this little song in my head all day, so I thought I would share it with you!
(sung to the tune of 'What Do You Do in the Summer Time' from the Primary Song Book)
So, what do you do on a long snow day, when all the world is white?
Do you snuggle in blankets?
Read lots of books?
or Put to-gether a puzzle?
Is that what you do? So do we!
So, what do you do on a long snow day, when all the world is white?
Do you drive your mom crazy?
Throw balls in the house?
or Play in the snow with your Dad?
Is that what you do? So do we!

Pictures from today's activities:

The snowman's hat that got snowed and rained on. It froze and then broke when she took it off his head!

Calvin trying to get the hat off of his snowman.

Madeline in her 'snow gear'. It was 'church' day and she insisted on a dress even if we couldn't go to church. We did manage to get some warm tights on her. She refused to wear bags on her feet. She was the first to come in - she said her feet were cold. Really?

Anna Elise and Calvin building their temple.

Lilah chillin' with her book and some blankets.

We put together Anna's puzzle

10 comments:

Sunshine said...

cute pictures. Snow does make for good family time. that's A LOT of snow! sounds like there's more a comin' too!!!

Heidi said...

Man, you guys have tons of snow!!! This was us last year and now this year we haven't had hardly any. Good luck with having the kids home all the time. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

What a fun Sunday! Enjoy all those snow days!

Betsy said...

I think it is crazy how much snow you have gotten. I think it has snowed a handful of times here. I liked you song.

Jessica said...

I wonder how much snow it would take for them to close school here. I hope that for your mental well being the snow lets up and you guys can get back out and go places. I start to feel like I'm going to lose it after 2 or 3 days of being stuck home.

Stephanie said...

It sounds like Madeline is becoming quite the stubborn little kiddo. Sorry about all the snow. I hate it and I'm glad it's only snowed once here!
Here's an idea. If you buy snow gear I bet it'll all go away and you'll never have snow again!

Sally said...

Haha Steph - that's what mom told me. Actually the reason it's snowed so much is because Karen tried to get me to bring home some snowpants and boots last Christmas and I said no - it's dumped snow on us 4 times since then! So it's all my fault.

Jana said...

Great pictures!! we are pretty sick of the snow too. Today Parker asked me if spring would ever come!

Anonymous said...

Cute song. Did you submit it to SLC as an addition to the songbook??

Sorry bout all the snow. M??ust be global warming.

Anonymous said...

Cute song. Did you submit it to SLC as an addition to the songbook??

Sorry bout all the snow. M??ust be global warming.