Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a great Valentine's Day. It started with a valentine package from Grandma with a toys, cards, and candy for all the kids. They loved everything!

Then we mixed up, rolled out, and baked heart sugar cookies. After church we frosted them. The kids did a good job. Making sugar cookies isn't my favorite activity - but it went really well today.

Mike gave the kids a pot of yellow tulips, they wanted to each pick one, but we convinced them to leave the tulips in the pot and we could re-pot them in individual pots later.

As usual for Sunday we had breakfast for dinner, but today we had pink colored heart shaped pancakes with heart shaped sausage. I even managed to write 'Love' on Anna Elise's pancake with syrup.

It was a good day!


The kids with their loot from Grandma

Anna Elise decorated this cookie all by herself - she spelled it and everything!
Calvin and his favorite cookie.

Madeline busy at work with her cookies
She thinks she is sneaking a bite of frosting


Breakfast for dinner


Anna Elise wanted to take some pictures so she took a picture of their tulips
and a picture of me with my tulips
Aren't you glad this post wasn't about snow? I wish I could say we're done with snow - but I can't because it's still here and there is more coming tomorrow. I'll take bets on whether or not we have school or work tomorrow...

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yes! The raincheck is for tomorrow. haha. You look so pretty in the pic. Looks like you guys had a great day.

Jessica said...

Those tulips must be a refreshing sight with all that snow you've been having. I hope that spring comes soon for you guys!

Betsy said...

Looks like fun. I love the girls in their boas.