Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gotta Love the Girls!

For Memorial Day weekend all my sisters (and our one sister-in-law) and my mom got together in sunny southern CA for some girl time. We had 4 days to shop, talk, and eat! I had a much needed break from real life and got to reconnect with my girls! It's amazing to get together and I love all my sisters (sisters means you too Jana). I love spending time with them. I learned that Trina is on a healthy new diet, she was able to cook us some really good food and she and Trent are looking so good! I learned that Jana is an amazing shopper and knows where to get the good coupons! I got to see what a great mom Stephanie is and meet my adorable nephew. I saw Betsy in action making crafts, she is very talented. I saw how skinny Janet is and how good she looks with hair extensions! I discovered that Nancy can make dresses without a pattern and she is so good that a boutique wants to sell her dresses. I already know what an amazing mom we have, she raised 7 kids and she is still there for us even when we are all grown up. They are all so amazing. However, it also made me so sad - I realized how much I miss out on by not living closer to them and that I could feel so much closer and know them so much better if I was physically there more often. Someday I will be! For now, we have our girl's weekends and blogs! Here are some pictures of all of us together at my sister's amazing new house!


Trina, Betsy, Nancy, Mom, me, Jana, Stephanie, and Janet

The cute aprons my mom made!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fantastic time you must've had! That is wonderful that you can all get together at least once a year.

Megan said...

Looked like you had a good time. I bet not being sick helped. haha. Miss ya and walking a ton....