Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

We celebrated Independence Day on July 3rd with s'mores and firecrackers.  We couldn't wait for it to be dark.  After dinner we used the grill to roast marshmallows and made s'mores.  The kids were a mess!  We then did the firecrackers.  The kids were SO excited to light them - but scared to death when they were finally lit!  They wanted to do it all again tonight!

 Roasting marshmallows


Mike's new way to make s'mores - on the grill

 YUM!

Anyone want a kiss?


We had the kids at the little picnic table and once Mike lit the first firecracker the three older kids took off for the trees, yelling and crying.  Lilah was fascinated and stayed put.

The grand finale!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Mike's smores idea is fantastic!

Jessica said...

The smores look really good and your kids are awesome! We haven't bought fireworks yet with our kids...we've done sparklers but maybe next year. I hate keeping them up late and since they haven't asked about fireworks I've just skipped it so far.

Kelly Evans said...

Mike, was good to hear from you. I already made one comment and it got erased, so hopefully this one takes! I,too, do not like Facebook. Your blog is great! Maybe I'll start one. Soon I'll put some more recent pictures of Sheldon and I on Facebook, as the ones on there are almost a year old. Quick update... Amy is a Pre Med student at the College of Charleston in SC and loves it. She is doing extraordinary. Kyle is a Senior in High School and is quite the Entrepanuer! He has been my challenge, which I'm sure doesn't come as a big surprise. We're still in AK, but would like to move in the next few years. The Winters are just brutal. Take care and hope to talk to you soon. Kelly