Friday, July 30, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Since getting back from our two week trip (more on that in a later post) dinners have been less then stellar.  We've been very busy to say the least and Mike hasn't actually been home for dinner so I haven't really made much of a dinner.  One night Anna Elise and Calvin decided to take things into their own hands!  I stepped out the back door to talk to Mike on the phone and when I stepped back in they had made a salad.  I  decided to let them make whatever else they wanted and do dinner on their own.  (I made my own dinner  later).  They don't know how to make very many things - so they decided on toast with peanut butter and  jam.  The toaster is one thing they are allowed to use.  They had a great time and although toast doesn't really 'go' with salad, it was a well rounded meal!

 They used the newspaper bag as a cutting board to cut tomatoes (from our garden) and a carrot with a dinner knife. 

 They said they put lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, lemon juice, salad dressing, and pretzels in there. 

 Calvin opening the jar of peanut butter

Maybe I need to teach them how to make a couple of things this summer...

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Sally that is super cute... oh and I miss you guys already!!!

Sunshine said...

wow, salad i'm impressed. You've done well sally!

Michael and Stephanie said...

Quite impressive. I think they're readyto learn how to make a few more things.