Sunday, November 28, 2010

Singing Prelude

Our family was asked to sing for the prelude music at church today.  It was an interesting experience to say the least!  We have practiced our song "Families Can Be Together Forever" for a month.  All the kids, even Lilah, had it down.  We got to church early to practice with the piano and we were set.  We got up there and were arranging everyone on the stools and I noticed that Madeline seemed very focused on the microphone.  When I moved it up, she moved up, when I moved it over, she moved over.  We started singing and Madeline just stole the show.  She grabbed the microphone and sang her heart out.  It wasn't ugly yelling, but it was loud 3 year old singing.  I kept moving the microphone and she kept following it.  Mike and I each grabbed an arm to move her back but she kept finding a way to sing into the mic.  I should've just sent her up there to sing a solo!  Maybe next time they will just ask her!  We aren't sure where we got her!

Since we went to extra effort to get ready this morning we took a picture of the kids. 

4 comments:

Michael and Stephanie said...

That's hilarious and doesn't surprise me at all. The kids look really cute. Are those their Christmas clothes?

Sunshine said...

THat's so awesome. Might as well let her do it as often as possible before (or incase)the nerves hit!

Trina said...

I would have liked to hear Madeline's solo. The kids look great! They are so cute.

Betsy said...

That is hilarious and not surprised.