Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving yesterday!  We just celebrated with our little family and had a great day.  We really missed both of our extended families in WA state but it's also nice to do our own traditions here.  Cooking a whole Thanksgiving meal on my own was a lot of work, but also fun - I got everything I wanted for dinner =).
What we are grateful for:
Anna Elise: family, our backyard, house, my teacher, and school
Calvin: flowers, puzzles & books, Christmas, my teacher, and friends 
Madeline: Lilah, Thanksgiving, mommy, flowers, and Christmas season
Lilah(she really said this): naps, going home, presents
Sally: My family and this new little baby coming this spring, my savior, prayer, this holiday season, that this year (probably the worst ever) is almost over!
Mike: family, a stress-free Thanksgiving, time-off from working (but thankful I have work!), to be an American Citizen, this time of year to reflect on our blessings and the plan of salvation

 

 This morning the kids were up bright and early to decorate for Christmas.  They have been anticipating the day after Thanksgiving just as much as Thanksgiving itself!  We put up our tree, decorations, outside lights, and brought all our presents downstairs and it isn't even lunch yet!  They are busy playing with all their Christmas 'toys' (nativities and puzzles). 

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Looks like a yummy Thanksgiving. Ella has been dying to put up our Christmas stuff as well.