Monday, November 29, 2010

17 Weeks and Counting

Today I am 17 weeks.  I thought I would post a picture.  Although I started showing VERY early and got big fast I have to say that I have slowed down considerably and I feel much better about my size!  I'm also feeling much better in general.  The nausea is gone (yea!) and the saliva is almost gone (yea!) and I have some of my energy back.  Last Saturday I actually cleaned the house, so I must be feeling better =).  The kids are all very excited and Anna Elise really wants to feel the baby kick. I haven't even felt it move yet, so she has a while to wait, but I'm glad she has warmed up to the idea.  I've decided to see a Dr this time around.  It is sad to say good bye to the midwives, but it just hasn't been the same since my midwife retired after Madeline.  We'll see how it goes with a male doctor.  He said we could schedule the ultrasound at my next visit which is this week!   So hopefully we can find out the gender in time for Christmas!

7 comments:

Trina said...

You look great! I hope you can find out the gender for Christmas!

The Grames Clan said...

You look super cute! You know, our friends had their ultrasound just before Christmas and did something I thought was fun and creative. They had the ultrasound tech tell them to close their eyes when she checked the sex of the baby and then had her write it down on the inside of a card and seal it in an envelope before they left. Then they later gave the envelope to a friend and had her open it up and read it when no one else was around--and tell no one what was written. That friend then went and picked out either a little boys or a little girls outfit and wrapped it up for them (a little dress in their case). Then on Christmas morning, the family opened the present together and found out that a little sister would be joining them. They said it was so fun to anticipate opening the present and so fun to have all the kids there, too.
Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or girl!

Jessica said...

You look beautiful! I wish I looked that good when I was pregnant. I'm excited for you to find out the gender! And I'm so glad the nausea is going away!

Betsy said...

You look awesome!

Anonymous said...

You look amazing! I am glad you are finally feeling better!

Jana said...

You look fantastic!

Jason and Kristi Ann said...

Congrats! When is your due date? I'm due Jan 22 and think you look great at 17 weeks! I hear you about showing earlier...I definitely showed earlier with this one than the rest.