Friday, December 31, 2010

Help!

I know it's only been a few days - but I need help with another girl name.  Mike and I can't seem to agree on anything.  I need a feminine girl name that 'goes' with my other girls.  It can't be on the top 10 list (or even the top 20).  Things I'd prefer (but aren't deal breakers)  I'd rather not have the name start with the same letter as my other girls (so everyone has unique initials) and I'd really like to use Allen as a middle name (even though Mike says no) so it needs to kind of 'go' with Allen.

We have Anna Elise, Madeline, and Lilah - so any ideas on names that would 'go' with these and fit my criteria?
Things I've come up with that Mike says no -
Natalie
Hallie (like Halle Berry, not Haley)
Lenora

Names Mike likes that I said no -
Denver
Jaqueline

Name on our list that neither one of us loves that could work (maybe one of these will grow on me)
Elenora or Elinore
Hadley
Evelyn

So PLEASE give me suggestions.  I've looked at tons of websites and I can't find anything I love that Mike likes that fit my criteria.  Also, please don't be offended if I listed a name as a 'no' that you like or have used - it's more about it being the 'right' name, not that it isn't a good name...

9 comments:

Emily Marie said...

I like Evelyn and a name I have always liked is Evangeline. Susannah was suggested to me as well on a website.

Emily Marie said...

oh and try babynamewizard.com

Shorter family said...

My problem is I have too many names I like and not enough children to fill them:)

What about Ruth, Ruby, Claire, Jane, Savannah, Emma, Kimberly, Shanan, Ella, Eliza, Bonnie, Hannah, Julia, Gabriella, Charlotte, Avery, Or the obvious Jessica:)

Anonymous said...

you can take the name Scarlett if you want it. I don't claim dibs.

Anonymous said...

Also, if "Allen" won't work, what about "Alaina"

BrittanyLane said...

I don't really do traditional names. The grandmas always raise their eyebrows when I tell them my kids names. But here are some "unique" ones I like: Makiah, Evie, Quinn, Ava, Naomi, Kasina, Abriel, Josie, Brinley, Emmerson, Jencie, Vera, Quincie,

Good luck! I always say that choosing a name is the hardest part of having a baby.

Chantal said...

I've always liked the name Jocelyn. I'll keep thinking of more too.

Anne Marie said...

I was going to suggest Evangeline! How funny! And you know, Lilah is still on my list for future girls in our fam. But new names....how about Rose, Pearl, Sadie, Jillian, Emmaline, Claire, Britta, Gwen, Elena. Good luck! Let us know which ones you like!

Sunshine said...

The Wilson's youngest is Rebekah Clarissa. Clarissa is very femanine. Another name I really like is Corine.There was a street in New Orleans called Arabella I've always thought that was pretty.