Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Last Minute Jaunt To D.C.

On Saturday we decided to take a quick trip to Washington D.C.  I had hoped to go during the week right before Christmas but Mike's work schedule seems to be filling up fast (yeah) so we decided to go while we could.  We spent more time driving there and back then we spent there - but that's how it goes!  We left after lunch and drove to the temple to drop me off.  Mike took the kids to a nearby playground and they had a great time despite the colder weather.  Here they are on their motorcycle with a double side car!






After I was done they came back and we wandered around the visitor's center.  We saw some beautifully decorated trees and nativities from all over the world.  Then we headed outside to see a life sized nativity and to look at all the great lights! 




We then found a local pizza place for some dinner.  While waiting for the pizza Calvin started making faces at Lilah so she made a face right back.  Once Mike got his phone out to take pictures all the kids wanted a picture of their funny faces and I promised them that I would post them!






(I don't think Madeline knows how to make a funny face)

5 comments:

Trina said...

Love the funny faces and the temple lights. What a great thing to do during the Christmas season. Your kids are so cute.

Janet Mae said...

Love Madelines scary face. I cant wait to see you guys in April...or is it May?

Michael and Stephanie said...

As always your kids make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I think I have pictures of my children at the same playground! How nice that you were able to get to the temple.

Jessica said...

The lights look beautiful! Where are the parents' funny faces?