Sunday, January 23, 2011

Single Mom

This past week Mike went to his yearly NHance Convention.  He leaves for work at least once and sometimes twice a year.   He's been doing it for 4 years now and I can't say I ever get 'used' to it or like it.  I can say that the kids were remarkably well behaved this time.  Anna Elise was especially helpful.  Maybe it's because I've never been this long without an infant and usually have one when he goes, but the work seemed light and the time passed quickly.  I had some help from friends and other then being extremely lonely at night (and unable to sleep) it was ok.  Mike had a good time.  He flew to UT for the Convention.  They always treat him well, he was able to learn some great new things, was introduced to some new products, and participated in some fun activities while there, including a USU basketball game with their famous student cheering section.  The only picture for this post was taken by a fellow franchisee and emailed to Mike.  I had to laugh at the picture - this is Mike if he ever has to sit and listen to anything for more then 30 minutes (yes, that includes sacrament meeting and well, any meeting).  He swears it's the only time he fell asleep.


Some fun things we did while Daddy was gone:
  • had school off on Monday, so we slept in, did lots of playing, and ALL went grocery shopping
  • had 2 hour delay on Tuesday, so mom felt 2 hours behind all day! 
  • went thrift store shopping with a friend on Wednesday, it was 50% off and I think I'm hooked, we got CUTE shoes for Lilah and for the new baby for only $1.50 each!  I bought 'skinny' clothes for me too.
  • had dinner with some friends on Thursday and went to bed way too late! 
  • went shopping at the outlet mall and got to see 'mouse in the clock' at the Yankee Candle Store with friends
I'm very thankful for Mike and that he is usually around and helps out so much at home, with both of  us working and both of us taking care of our growing family it takes a lot of coordination and I'm grateful to have him!

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Dave has the same problem Mike does but I would say instead of 30 minutes it more like 15 for him. Glad you survived.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things went better this time-still, you are a brave woman!

Jessica said...

I think its amazing that anyone can get away with falling asleep while sitting up! I'm sure I would tip over and make a big scene, giving myself away!

Michael and Stephanie said...

I'm impressed Sally. I don't even like it with just one kid and one night by myself.

writestuff said...

Wait Mike was in SLC and didn't call us?? Righteous indignation from the Pope household!

Sally said...

He was only in SLC long enough to go to Logan where his convention was. I suggested a list of people he could contact in UT (including family) and he didn't call anyone. If it makes you feel any better, I would have called you Turia if I had gone!