Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Happenings

It's Christmas time!  Our Christmas acitivites are in full force.  A couple weeks ago we built a gingerbread house for FHE.  That isn't Mike's favorite activity, so while I glued things with the kids Mike gave us a lesson on the wise man and the foolish man and what makes a strong foundation. 

We also went to the ward Christmas party last week.  For the first time in a long time, everyone sat on Santa's lap and nobody cried or screamed.  Lilah was a bit hesitant, but did great.  Celeste was entranced.  We had a yummy dinner and a short program.  It was very nice. 

I was able to go to the Relief Society party just last night and had a great time.

We've been making lots of yummy christmas treats and still have a list of more to make!

Unfortunately a stomach bug and now some pink eye has slowed us down, but anything we can't do this week we will just cram into next week! 

Yesterday we started our tradition of 12 days of Christmas with a scripture, a story, a song and a service. 

I love this time of year for the magic it brings and the opportunities that come to remember our Savior and to serve others. 






3 comments:

Michael and Stephanie said...

That's your ward Santa? He looks pretty realistic. I'm impressed and pics of the kids are really cute.

Trina said...

Fun pics. It is a very good Santa. I hope you are all feeling well soon.

Jana said...

I love Christmas time too! I hope everyone feels better soon. My kids are still pretty weary of the man in the red suit!