Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gratitude

Sometimes life is hard.  Everything seems to go wrong (for years at a time, sometimes).  I gave a talk at church on Sunday on gratitude, here is a quote from Elder Holland that I used "No misfortune is so bad that whining about it won't make it worse." So instead of whining I'm going to take Vaughn  Worthen's suggestion and make a gratitude catalogue.  It's a complete listing of EVERYTHING you are grateful for, big and small.  I thought I'd share a small portion of mine here. These are things that I am particularly grateful for this week.

novels
my friends at church, even though they aren't my age, they like me and they care about me
being able to work from home
internet
pureed bananas
Yatzee Jr.
prayer
perscription eye drops for pink eye
chocolate
heat
camera
Christmas presents (I can not wait for my kids to open their presents - it's killng me)
Betsy helping me out (even if it took a couple trys =) )
Christmas music
my husband
General Conference talks
the ugly police
Anne
hope
family
fuzzy house slippers
ibuprophen
the new hair gel I'm using (I love it and it was free)
my bed
Celeste getting herself stuck while trying to climb ridiculous things (it's really funny)
little arms that give big hugs
my savior
...

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

Sal, I enjoyed reading your gratitude list. I feel the same way about Christmas presents! It's so exciting!

J, K, L, and D said...

love this.
and what is the ugly police? that made me laugh out loud, just reading it.

Trina said...

What a great quote and a great blog. I wish I could have heard your talk.