Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Break Wednesday

Our adventure today was going to the Science Museum.  I made the kids go to a couple of other exhibits before playing with their beloved blue foam blocks.  The 'Science Unplugged' section that my kids love and that houses the blocks is being renovated.  They had moved most of the displays to a much smaller area and only moved maybe 30% of the blocks.  I was actually glad that we got to do other things!  We went by the beach exhibit and looked at different kinds of sand, some real sea critters, and we played with the video music 'thingy' (yes, very scientific, I know).   We also learned a little bit about arches and we played in the motion section for a while.


  The TV shows the kids as well as 'notes'.  They play music by jumping up and down the stairs and playing these 'notes' with their bodies.



 Anna Elise and Calvin (with some help from mom) made an arch with heavy (but soft) vinyl blocks.


I kept putting Celeste's pacifier in that hole.  She would press her face up against the hole and stick her little arm down the hole trying to get it.  She liked the game a long as I periodically got it out for her.

No comments: