Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Garden Update

Our garden is growing.  Our early spring planting was mostly successful.  The strawberries, potatoes, some broccoli, and lettuce is thriving!  Unfortunately very few peas came up and no carrots.  In the past years I never had problems with seeds coming up, it was keeping them alive later that was hard.  So, I was perplexed.  Unfortunately it's too late to plant more peas, but today I did a late spring planting and was able to replant my carrot seeds.  I also added pepper plants, tomato plants, beans, corn, melons, squash, and cucumbers.  We've also put in some blueberry bushes and are going to be getting some raspberries from a friend to transplant.  I am so excited.  I am determined to have a real harvest this year not just a few handfuls of this and that like before.

Celeste slept and Madeline and Lilah helped me plant.  Madeline got bored after a while and wandered off but Lilah helped me to the end.  Such a good helper.  She is really good at finishing things.  I didn't get a picture of her red cheeks and sweaty hair - we've had more unseasonably warm weather. 

most of my garden

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Good job doing a garden! I'm so impressed! That's cute how the girls helped you, well at least Lilah did. :)

Trina said...

Way to go Sally and I hope you have a plentiful harvest. That's great that Lilah is such a great helper!