Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update!

It's been too long since I posted and too much has happened to catch up on! I know it's only been 9 days - but that's forever with three kids.

Anna Elise - Anna has learned to write her whole name. She used to just write Anna, but this past week was able to master the s and small e to do Anna Elise. Next we'll work on Russell.

Calvin - So his news is kind of gross, I'm just warning you before I continue. Calvin needs either mom or dad to see his poop before he can flush. We're working on getting over this habit. He came running into the kitchen a few days ago to inform me I needed to come look. So I went and we had the usual discussion about what it looked like, etc. It was lots of small pieces. He then explained to me that it came out in one big piece but he broke it into lots of little pieces. I asked him how and he explained in detail how he did it with his fingers. Oh course i'm thinking, what have you touched since then? Did you touch me? Where have you been? We had a very serious talk about never ever touching poop. I wonder how many times he has done this? I don't really want to know!

Madeline - Madeline has mastered walking over the past two weeks. She doesn't really crawl at all anymore. I was finally able to get her on video this afternoon. She has also learned to fold her arms for prayer and she has just started chatting constantly. I'm not sure if she is really saying anything, but she seems so earnest about it. You can have long conversations with her and she seems to think she is communicating.

That's my update. I now have to figure out how to post my video! BTW, Stephanie, I did tag you two posts ago and I haven't seen a response on your blog yet!

We are having problems getting our video off the camera and onto the computer, so I may not be able to post the video for a little while. Sorry

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That is disgusting about Calvin! But so funny too. :) When Kate was a baby she pooped in her crib and I came back into the room (I was getting the bath ready) and she had eaten some of the poop!!!! She had it smeared around her mouth and in it. It was repulsive and I almost lost it. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't. Kids are funny (and gross!).

Lindsay said...

Blogging makes these gross things so so funny to me! I also tend to have a bit of a kindergartners sense of humor when it comes to bodily functions and such...I love how I've had the same train of thoughts....hahaha!