Friday, March 21, 2008

Home Again

I had a quick trip home to Washington state for a girl's weekend with my family! It was great.
All 6 of us sisters and my mom were able to meet in Spokane at Steph's apartment. You can
click on Stephanie's blog on my sidebar to see a picture of all of us (right, Steph? You're the
only one with a picture from last weekend). Several of us were able to go to Time Out for Women Seminar. It was so good! I love how Sheri Dew can be so inspiring and encouraging to women without putting men down. She was amazing. My mom was so excited that we got to shake her hand. We also learned to get more power (who doesn't love that?) and we listened to Caroline Hinckley Peirce as well (Presidently Hinckley in a skirt according to Sheri Dew).
We were able to go out to dinner and do some shopping. It was fun to be together without kids
and husbands. I also really enjoyed a break from being a mommy. I came home to a clean house, flowers, and some very precious notes from my husband and kids. Apparently they missed me. Their time with daddy was spent eating at Cici's, looking at new houses, and going to the 'big movie' - so what's to miss?

Since coming home Madeline has fallen while trying to ride Calvin's tricycle. She landed on her forehead and got a scab right on the middle of her forehead in the shape of a cirlce. Mike calls her unicorn. The other day Mike came home for dinner and Madeline was so glad to see him that she laid her head down in her plate and smiled at him.

No comments: