Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lilah Claire Russell

Lilah was born at 4:24 pm on October 14th. She weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces. Everything went very smoothly and we were able to come home after only 24 hours in the hospital!

Lilah had a fast trip and has some light purple bruising, was VERY swollen, and has some ridges on her head, but all that will be resolved in a week or two.

Here's Lilah with Daddy
with mommy
getting her foot prints
about 48 hours old at home

The kids LOVE Lilah. All three of them want to hold her, hug her, feed her, carry her, ect.
Anna Elise carried her, Madeline tried to feed her cheerios, Calvin lays on her when he hugs her (and he is heavy) and she is still alive. I hope to get a few pictures of Lilah with the kids in the next couple of days.

11 comments:

Betsy said...

Yeah pictures. I have been checking every once in a while to see if you had posted. She is so cute, her eyes look like Calvin's eyes. Congrats. Can't wait to see her at Christmas.

Chantal said...

She is beautiful Sally!! Congrats! I wanna know the secret to getting out of the hospital so fast! That's one of the worst things about having a baby is sitting in that darn place for 2 days!

Stephanie said...

She looks pretty cute Sally. I can't wait to see her at Christmas.

Heidi said...

Adorable pictures. Love the footprint one. Congrats!

Trina said...

Thanks for posting pictures. I have been looking ever since you called. She is beautiful and I was surprised to hear how big she was. I can't imagine if you would have gone full term. She is beautiful and it will be interesting to see who she looks like. Congratulations. We are so happy for you. Lilah will be very loved. She might not like all the love but that's ok.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! I love the name Lilah. So perfect. We're really happy for you.

Ashley said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful.

Sunshine said...

Congratulations Sal. She's beautiful and I love her name!

Jana said...

Congrats!!

marcalicious said...

way to go Sally! Keep up the good work.

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry I didn't get to this before now, our internet has been down! She looks beautiful and so do you! You look way too good and should have 5 more! Love her name!
Congratulations, you are so blessed, what I wouldn't give for a little package like that!