Monday, January 19, 2009

Potty Training



I know, I know, you're thinking enough blogs already - but I'm on a roll!  Today we tried potty training Madeline and it was a great day!  I tried about 4 months ago before I had Lilah and she
was definately not ready.  So we've been talking about it and I've noticed she gets up from her nap and sometimes even in the morning she has a dry diaper.  So we tried it again and we had some success.  She went three times in the potty today and only once in her panties.  She did so well!  She did sit on the potty twice without doing anything - but she seems to know what's going on and that she can control it.  Such a good girl.  Now that I've posted about it I'm sure we'll regress tomorrow.  Tuesdays are grocery days - so we'll see how it goes - but today I'm enjoying it! By the way, Anna Elise and Calvin are great helpers.  They sit with her and help her read her books if I have to leave to help Lilah.  What a team! 

3 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

Best of luck to you. I have said again and again that the worst part of being a parent is potty training. A close second is the stomach flu. I just hate cleaning really gross messes out of the carpet. That's awesome that she is doing so well!

Betsy said...

Hooray for Madeline. Ella is just a pain when it comes to potty training. I have been trying lately but I don't know if she just doesn't get it or if she is just being a stinker. She has never gone in the toilet only her underwear and I put her on the toilet often.

Jessica said...

Potty training can be such a nightmare! I just finished potty training Eli...he took forever to get to the point where he was ready to try, but its been going pretty well now. I hope that with all the good sibling role models your little student will train quickly!