Sunday, February 1, 2009

Random Sampler

I don't have anything in particular to post about - just a little bit about everything.
Mike really wants me to start a 'Calvinisms' sidebar to record the hilarious things he
says - I told him I would and now I can't remember any of the things he said this week.
So, look for my new sidebar, once I get a few things to post that I can remember!

Speaking of funny things your kids say - I do have one. Last night was a bit crazy because I bathed the kids alone while feeding Lilah. I should've known better. It got really crazy for a few minutes. I went to go get Lilah and when I came back Anna Elise and Calvin had been 'diving' in the bathtub, jumping off the soap ledge into the tub and making a huge mess. I got after them and then tried to help them wash. I held Lilah and her bottle in one arm and tried to get the
shampoo open with the other. Madeline loves to wash herself. She was eagerly watching me.
Right as I got the shampoo open and poured some into Anna's hand, Anna Elise said 'Mom, I
really need diving lessons'. Madeline misunderstood the situation and being the little parrot
that she is stood up and stuck both hands out and said "I need diving lessons". She somehow
associated the shampoo with diving lessons. Here I was with a wet 2 year old standing in the
tub with wet spiky hair wanted to get washed - with her hands out in front of her and
was yelling "I need diving lessons" over and over while I helplessly laughed, unable to help
her wash her hair because I only had one hand and was laughing too hard. Mike didn't think it was that funny, I guess you had to be there. Anna Elise and I were rolling.

Speaking of Madeline, although we had a good start with the potty training, it didn't really go anywhere. With Mike's accident coming that night and then a crazy week following, it just didn't work. She is happy to sit on the potty and loves to wear panties, but really doesn't care where she pees. So she usually sits on the potty at night and usually goes, but she is not wearing panties yet and probably won't until we get back from our vacation.

I'm officially done with taxes for both businesses and us personally. Just in time to start on the
January reports and payroll taxes. I'm kind of tired of it. I need a break.

I'm going to finish off with a few pictures of Lilah - everyone tells me how quickly she is growing
and changing. I know she is bigger, but she looks the same to me. She is a happy baby and loves
to watch her siblings play. She is still sleeping well and still is REALLY hard to feed. She is desperately trying to suck her fingers. I am desperately trying to keep the pacifier in her mouth. With two thumb suckers (well, one a former thumb sucker) I'd rather she didn't suck
her fingers, but I am discovering it's not really up to me - she does what she wants.












7 comments:

Heidi said...

Lilah is adorable. Her smile is so cute. That bathtub story is crazy. You are better than me- I would have been going nuts instead of laughing!

Trina said...

I love the pictures of Lilah, especially the one of her big smile. Your bathtub story made me laugh and I can just imagine Madeline doing that.

Jana said...

I thought your bathtub story was great!!

Jenny said...

How adorable!! She is so cute. It is fun to hear and see your family.

Stephanie said...

I thought Madeline screaming that she wants diving lessons was pretty funny. Also, Lilah is too cute. If I had my way I would steal her permanently. What do you say? I'll pay for shipping.

Janet Mae said...

You are by far the best story teller that I know of. Oh and Lilah is getting cuter and cuter. I cant wait to see you guys again.

Lindsay said...

She is soooo cute! Sorry to hear about Mike's hand...ouch! Hey, we eat cold quesidillas...I know, gross but it's just a bit different from sandwiches...what I really want to know is where you're going? Sounds fun, can I come?