Sunday, April 26, 2009

Garden

I am way behind in posting and I'd planned on catching up tonight, but the internet isn't working on our computer that has the pictures, so I can't post any! So sad. I'll add them soon, I promise.
We put a little 4 x 8 raised garden in last Friday - so a little over a week ago. Most of the planting was with plants, but we did do some seeds as well. We had a lot of rain early in the week and then two 90 degree days in a row and our seeds have already sprouted. So exciting! The only thing not coming up are the peas, but the beans are already 2 inches tall with big leaves. I guess I'm just amazed that it's growing. The best part of a raised garden is that there
are no weeds! I don't have time to pull weeds, so it's best if I plant a garden that I can take care of - an easy one! We have lots of tomatoes and peppers, green beans, carrots, broccoli, squash, cucumbers (that don't look so good), watermelon, canteloup, strawberries, peas, and I know you are thinking that fits in an 8 x 4? It doesn't. If it all lives, we will be doing some thinning!

MAdeline and Lilah playing while we planted.  Yes, Madeline's jumper is on backwards.  She had a shirt on under it early in the day.  But after playing dress up decided she liked it better without a shirt and backwards. 
Anna Elise and Calvin drew with our new sidewalk chalk in between planting.  Anna Elise drew a picture of Disney World.
So did Calvin.  His is just solid blue, but if you ask him, he will point out where every ride is.  In fact he did for Mike.

Our garden!  Only there is no empty space now, there are sprouts everywhere!
I know I have no make-up on, I've been outside working all afternoon, and Mike caught me with a wierd look, but I wanted another picture of my hair where it didn't look gray and you can see the bangs.  It looks better when I fix it...I'm getting used to it and I love it!



No comments: