Saturday, April 4, 2009

Smooth Move

A while ago a friend of mine fell down the stairs. It kind of scared me. We have narrow
and kind of steep stairs since the house is over 60 years old. Every morning when I take
Lilah downstairs I am so careful to not fall - I am terrified of what could happen to her if
I fell down the stairs. I think my constant worrying about it made it happen. This morning
I slid down the last three stairs on my heels. I had Lilah in my right arm. I just kind of tucked
her into my side and hung on to her. My right elbow hit pretty hard, but she wasn't even
fazed - not a peep out of her. I flung my left arm out to try and catch myself - I'm not sure
if that was good or not - I scraped the skin off of my fore arm and wrist and it's swollen
and I can see a bruise starting to come. It really hurts. I have a feeling it might feel worse
tomorrow. I hit my tail bone as well. I am too old for this! I am just so relieved that Lilah
was ok. When I got up afterwards I was shaking so bad I had to put her down. We'll see
what else hurts in the morning!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry you fell! I am always worried about that too. We keep a gate at the top of our stairs to keep Abe from falling down but on Thursday he crawled to the stairs with the gate open before any of us realized and he fell. About 15 stairs. He has a bad bump and bruises on his forehead. It scared me half to death. I hope your injuries heal fast.