Tuesday, March 31, 2009

FHE

Last night for FHE we stole Stephanie and Michael's idea and we had a lesson on gratitude.
Everybody made a gratitude list. The kids were suppose to make a list of 5 things and Mike
and I did 10 each. So we have a lot of things to list here, the kids thought of these things all by
themselves!

Madeline:
-coloring pictures
-purple
-eating
-Mommy
-Lilah
-Daddy

Calvin:
-toys and trucks
-going to Disney World
-playing outside
-my family
-my cold blanket
-Crabby (the crab that 'grew' in water that his Grammy sent)
-snacks

Anna Elise
-going to Disney World
-family
-toys
-movies
-scriptures

Daddy
-Sally and her gifts and talents that allow me opportunities to pursue my investments
-The muddy glove Calvin found so my hands wouldn't get dirty
-Conservative talk radio and Newsmax.com so I can maintain perspective
-Right to vote even when we don't win
-Right to bear arms, gun shows to get arms, and Sally 'letting' me exercise that right
-Animals: they taste great!
-Fruits and Vegetables: They go well with animals
-Milk: especially when we have whole milk in the house for the toddlers
-Freedom of religion: it is a blessing to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, and the restoration of the Church and fulness of the gospel
-Anna's imagination, Calvin's playfulness, Madeline's goofiness, and Lilah's continual smiles

Mommy
-my husband: his hard work for our family,he is a great dad, and he trys to be supportive of me
-the Gospel and the continual progression it enables
-my kids
-my job that can support our family and allows me to be at home with my kids at the same time
-prayer and communicating with my Heavenly Father
-my house, it's my favorite of the 5 we've lived in!
-spring, it's almost here
-my family, I love emailing my mom everyday and being able to see everybody once a year and to keep up with them and their lives and feeling connected
-the spirit, the guidance and the peace it gives me
-the support I have here: a few close friends, the branch that we attend, the familiarity as it begins to feel a little bit like home
-BLOGGING! I love it and it keeps me sane!

2 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

Very cute. What a fun idea. Your kids responses are darling. I'm thankful for purple too Madeline.

Is it just me or are these "boys" using the shattered economy as a great "excuse" to finally buy these firearms they have been ogling over for ages?... Brandon too...

Jana said...

great lists!