Sunday, March 8, 2009

Paper Boy

I now live with the 'paper boy'. Yes, Mike picked up a paper route this past week. Don't worry - we are fine, I still have my job. However, our business' don't really bring in an income. Our rental business is done for equity and our NHance business isn't even 2 years old yet, so we can't expect to make a profit yet. Mike decided he wanted to do something that he got paid for. That makes sense to me. So he delivers USA Today to hotels, gas stations, and those little paper stands. He works from 2:30 until around 5:15 ish AM. We've both been going to bed earlier and then he goes back to bed when he gets home. I get up with the kids and try to keep them quiet so he can get a little bit more sleep. It's been a rough week but I feel like we are going to be able to adapt and we'll get used to the new routine. The nice thing about USA Today is that it's not a daily paper - it's only delivered during the week so Mike doesn't have to work weekends. Mike says he doesn't love delivering the paper, but he does like listening to some crazy radio station in the middle of the night and he does buy himself a drink without any hassling from me.

No comments: