Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CrAzY Day

We had such a crazy day today. I can't even begin to list it all, but I want to hit the highlights.
We ate lunch at McDonalds. That's how bad of a day it was. We were at McDonalds. I rarely
take the kids there. They really needed a place to run and play and it was 1pm so we all really
needed to eat and it fit both criteria. Madeline had fallen asleep and was NOT happy to be
woken up, even for McDonalds. Lately I've been noticing how much good attention I've been
getting - but not today. I had two women discussing me while I was in line. They were next
to me, talking about me, perhaps thinking I'd join in, I don't know. What part of "...better her
then me..." and "...all those kids..." and "she must be hungry" (or tired, I heard both). Like
I didn't know I had 4 kids and that Madeline was crying. I was holding both Madeline and
Lilah at the same time while ordering, I was obviously aware she was crying and was trying to
do something about it. We ordered and I got us and the food to our table. Madeline finally
calmed down and was actually very happy to eat her nuggets, drink her milk, and dip her
apples. We were almost done eating when Calvin spilled his drink. It splashed everywhere.
There was an older women by the drinks cleaning up so I went and told her Calvin had spilled
and she grabbed a mop and quickly came to clean up. She told us not to worry, it happens
all the time, ect. She talked to the kids, chatted with me, offered me advice about getting
Calvin's shoes wiped off. She was the nicest lady in there! I was trying to keep the kids
out of the mess and clean up our table so we could just move out of her way. On my way past
her with the tray something happened, I dont' know what, but the tray tipped and what was
left in Anna's cup splashed over the floor and the rest of Madeline's milk ran down the lady's
back and side. I spilled milk all over the only nice person in the restaurant while she tried to
help me. I felt so bad. I apologized so many times. I wiped her back off and gave her all
of Calvin's napkins for the rest of her. I was so embarrassed. We finally got to the bathroom
to clean everyone up and played without any more mishaps.
I actually took the kids to two stores after that. I was feeling brave or desperate I don't know which.
One of our errands was to buy paint and brushes - crayola paint - for the kids to create with. We
took it home and the kids painted! Anna Elise has been begging me for weeks so I caved in.
They did make a huge mess but so far everything cleaned up off of the table and the kids. I
haven't tried washing the clothes yet.
I also needed an emergency babysitter - which I found - but now owe my friend big time, went to the Dr and waited for over an hour in the waiting room (just a check up, I'm fine and
I am not pregnant!), registered Anna Elise for Kindergarten (not sure how I feel about that, I'm
not thinking about it until August), had a fax emergency and owe that same friend even more,
and managed to make dinner tonight too. I think those were all the highlights. I actually felt
like it was pretty good day for me - I was able to keep my cool and handle all that better then
usual. Those things are just going to keep happening, so I might as well learn how to deal with them. I was actually excited to tell Mike about McDonalds so somebody could laugh with me.
That poor lady tried to be a good sport about it, but I doubt she is laughing about it yet.
Here are a few pictures of the paintings, I didn't have the camera out while they were creating...
I also added pictures to Sundays blogs, so go back and read them again.

The table


You can't tell where Madeline's paper ends and the newspaper begins...she had that much paint on her too!

Anna Elise's painting of a mermaid(it's sideways) - so cute!


1 comment:

Jana said...

You are without a doubt the bravest mother! Seriously after reading about McDonalds I could not believe that you ran errands after! How amazing!