Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mike!

It was Mike's birthday on Thursday. I had to work all day and he had an estimate that night so we didn't celebrate it. We told the kids his birthday was on Saturday. I got a babysitter and planned a fun night for Mike. It didn't exactly go as planned but it was still fun. We went out to dinner to one of Mike's favorite restaurants. They had a summer special and we could almost afford to go. We counted it as our anniversary dinner as well (which is tomorrow). After dinner we met Mike's brother Sean, Rachel and Morgan and our friends Dave and Rachel at a Putt-Putt place and did a round of mini-golf. After some of us came back to the house for German Chocolate cupcakes with homemade frosting and ice cream. It was a good evening.
I gave Mike a gift card to a sporting goods store - he is going to buy a holster or cleaning kit or both or whatever else you need to buy to take care of a gun. I'm not sure if he has decided how to spend his other birthday money. He said it was a good birthday.
I'm very thankful for Mike and the efforts he makes to provide for our family, the amazing dad that he is and the time he spends with the kids and all the support that he gives me in whatever I am dealing with. I love him very much and I'm thankful that the Lord knows better then we do what is best for us! I think back to the events in my life that led me to the Tri-Cities almost 9 years ago and it was definitely the spirit that got me to where I needed to be so I could meet Mike!

1 comment:

Russell's said...

Happy Birthday Mike!!! You old Man! Ha Ha! Not even close. Love the California Russell Family