Friday, August 28, 2009

The Tale of Two Pools

In June the kids begged me for a pool. So I gave in and bought them this cheap $8 pool.

It's about 12 inches high and maybe 5 feet across. Despite the size and quality the kids
were ecstatic! The swam in it every day. Earlier this week they emptied their pool and
moved it because it was green. I went out with Tilex and rags to clean it up before we refilled
it and realized that it had holes all over the bottom of it. It would not be holding much water.
I realize summer is winding down, but it's still hot here and I still need an outdoor diversion
for my children! So we went pool hunting. Not many stores have any pools to sell right now -
it's too late in the summer. We finally found some at K-Mart and they were 50% off. We came
home with a 2.5 foot deep pool, 10 feet across with a filter for only $50. It's a durable pool and
the kids LOVE it. I had to move our garden (not fun!) before I could prep the site. Luckily
Mike was around when it was time to actually set it up. We hope to get a good 3-4 weeks of
swimming out of it before putting it away to save for next summer. A good deal on something
you are looking for anyway is even better! We do make Madeline wear a life jacket even though
the water is only up to her chest, she doesn't mind and I feel better!


4 comments:

Heidi said...

Gotta love a good deal! And you'll be getting lots of use out of that pool for sure. Looks like fun.

Lilah is a handful! Good luck! hee hee.

Twinlinebackers said...

How fun! I think our summer is completely over. The kids are wearing long pjs to bed already and saying it's almost winter. =( We should pop down and swim in your pool with you!

Sally said...

Yes - come visit! Even better then
the pool, is the beach! We are going
this week...(I don't have a guest
room, but I do have lots of couches =-)

Twinlinebackers said...

I really was seriously trying to wrangle an invitation (think I should catch up on my blog from my last trip before I plan another one?) but I just realized with our sports schedule, we can't leave w/o missing games. If I can convince my husband to let me go 8 1/2 months pregnant, maybe I could finagle a trip when fall sports end....