Monday, October 25, 2010

It's Autumn Time!

Over the past month we have had fun doing a lot of 'Autumn' activities.  I have very few pictures.  I have been too tired and Mike too busy to remember the camera or bother with pictures.  The one time we brought it, the battery went dead in 2 minutes!

Early in the month we went to Carter's Mountain.  We picked apples, ate hot, fresh apple cider donuts, and played on the mountain.  The kids love it.  Mike loves the pizza we always get at Christian's Pizza.
 
Calvin went to the pumpkin patch for his first field trip.  I went with him.  There is nothing like chaperoning a bunch of kindergarten kids to make you appreciate your own children!  Calvin has his moments at home (lots of them) but he was so well behaved on the trip and he always gets a smiley face from his teacher on his daily behavior report.  He is a good boy!  We got to ride out to the patch to pick out pumpkins, get a donut, and eat our packed lunch.  He had a great time.  Unfortunately his pumpkin was rotten.  It was dark brown inside and half full of liquid.  Very gross!

We went to our local pumpkin patch as a family.  We played in the hay maze, the hay pile, went on a hay ride and ran into some friends from the community that the kids played with.  It was lots of fun!  That night we carved one of our pumpkins before it got dark.  We'll finish the other one and get some pictures!

The kids have been raking leaves.  Their Dad has been teaching them how.  The first batch they raked they had to bag up and throw away.  However, the second batch they were able to play in and had a great time!.  I'm sure we have lots more coming!  After fall is over and they have raked all the leaves their Dad is going to pay them.  They are very excited!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Fun. I love all the things Madeline needed for church, especially Mike's business magnet. She could have gotten you guys a job.

Jessica said...

Pumpkin patches are one of my favorite autumn things! I have to agree with you about field trips and how it can help you appreciate your own kids!

It also has showed me that my volunteering to go on the field trip depends on which one of my kids is going. With one of them, I don't think I need to go. But with the other...if I don't go, my child might be the one that gets lost!

Trina said...

That's too bad about Calvin's pumpkin. Pumpkin field trips are always fun. My kids wish they had leaves to rake so that could jump in them.