Monday, October 25, 2010

Just In Case...

What does a three year need at Church?  Madeline packed her purse for church and I let her take it into Sacrament Meeting.  I couldn't resist a peek at what she thought she might need....

It made me smile to see what was inside.  At the top is her purse.  The first thing I pulled out was her notebook and a little box of crayons.  How practical - she may need a notebook at church.  The glittery diamond ring may be necessary if she had an accessory emergency!  However, her Dad's magnet business card for his Home Show and those red ballet slippers made me laugh...and then her plastic rose, of course!  She ALWAYS has something in her purse, pockets, or up her shirt.  It may be a toy, or flashlight, a tool or vacuum cleaner attachment,  perhaps chewed gum she isn't suppose to have and is either hiding from me or saving for later, she usually has something of her sister's that is off limits like lip gloss or jewelry.  Once it was a pair of sunglasses she stole from a store (and later returned).  I check her stash more often now!   She is our sneaky packrat!

3 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

That is so cute! You most definitely have a girly girl. My daughters would have dinosaurs, bugs, and snakes stashed in there. Maybe some rocks and Bakugan. *sigh*

Michael and Stephanie said...

I absolutely love that kid! Can't wait to see her again.

Trina said...

I love the things that Madeline needs for church. She has so much personality and she is so cute.