Saturday, October 9, 2010

Second Time's a Charm

We are pregnant again!  This one seems to be going much better then the previous one.  I am 10 weeks on Monday.  There is only 1 baby, the baby is measuring right on the dates, and it has a strong heartbeat.  I am sick as usual, but this time it isn't quite so bad in the morning and I am on Zofran in the afternoon/evening and it is a bit more bearable.  I am still exhausted and I still have that horrible saliva problem that I always get, but overall I am doing ok.  I look like I am atleast 4 months pregnant, nothing fits, and I'm eating like crazy, but I'll worry about all that later!
We told the kids this week.  Anna Elise cried and stormed out of the room.  She says we don't need anymore girls!  She knows if it's a girl she loses her room and she LOVES having her own room. She calmed down and it isn't quite so upset.  Calvin was very excited and BEGGED me to have a boy.  He doesn't seem to get it when I tell him I'm not the one that picks the gender.  Madeline told me she has a baby girl in her tummy.  Her name is Penny and her next name is Bow and her other name is Rose.  Next she will have a boy baby and name him Mountain Lion.  Lilah just looked confused - she pulled up my shirt and checked out my belly button for a while.
I am busy trying to figure out what car seat(s) to buy that will fit in my car.  We really don't want to buy a new car, but we haven't figure out how to fit 5 car seats in the one we've got.  I've haven't given up yet!
We can't wait for May!

13 comments:

Shorter family said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you and though you aren't feeling well, and am so glad things are going well for the baby! Can't wait to hear the gender!!

Janet Mae said...

Mom and I were talking and if I can save some money I might come with her to see you in May! Good idea or what?

Sally said...

Excellent idea! Merva would be thrilled! If you come bring your Christmas lights...

BrittanyLane said...

Congratulations! Your kids comments are really cute. Hope you continue to feel better!

Susi Daw said...

What great news! So happy for you and your family. Congrats on the new edition.

ericksonzone said...

That is exciting! Congratulations! I laughed as I read the different reactions from your kids.

The Grames Clan said...

Congratulations!! I know how it is with the carseats :). Although, we only have 4 carseats to deal with daily, but I often add one of the kids' friends and then we're at 5. What's crazy is when the whole family is in the car now, there's only room for one more person. At least we opted for the 8 seater when we bought our van or we wouldn't have an extra seat. :) Oh, and Chris and I researched all the carseats and found the narrowest ones that we could so they would fit next to eachother in our Subaru--the babytrend flex-loc and the Graco car-go--maybe that will give you a bit of a start in the carseat search. Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or a girl! Yay!

Trina said...

I love your kid's comments, especially Madeline's. Are you going to find out what the gender is?

Jessica said...

Congratulations!! You have such a cute family and I'm sure this next one boy or girl, will be adorable too. I love all the things your kids said when you told them. So funny.

Eden is still frustrated that I am not planning on having another one so that she can have a sister. I bored her with a long explanation of why I am not planning on having any more babies but I don't think she sees my side of it yet. Some day she will!

Betsy said...

If you have a boy I think Mountain Lion would be great name. Seriously, Sally she is so funny. They all are.

Heidi said...

Congrats! That is hilarious how all the kids reacted. It's funny how kids think you can just "order" a gender for a kid. Funny. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I bet you are glad for meds. I have a few friends that were so thankful for that stuff.

Melissa said...

Sally,
What wonderful news! I am so excited for you! I haven't looked at blogs in months. I was looking at your latest one and thought "Just a minute! I am pretty sure Sally is expecting!" It is wonderful that we can check out older posts and see what has been missed. Anyway ... Congrats!

J, K, L, and D said...

Congrats, Sally! I haven't checked your blog in awhile...you look great, and I can't believe how big the kids are. Everyone's growing so fast...